Laowa 7.5/2 or 12-32mm

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP jhunna Senior Member • Posts: 1,059
Re: Laowa 7.5/2 or 12-32mm

ChinaM43User wrote:

I think that the real lesson here is that you may need to experiment a bit to find what ultrawide lens suits you best, and there are ways to do that quite inexpensive if you want, or you can try and guess what lens you will like and invest a lot in a lens that may or may not be ideal for you.

That's what I have been doing.  If I want to work with a lens I will buy it and then if I don't like it resell it.  To me that's better than renting as I get to keep the lens for longer than a week.  And any hit I take on the price is still less than renting so that's the way I handle it.

What I am also looking at replacing is ultimately the 14-140.  I rented that lens for a while, then finally bought the weather proof one, but it just doesn't press my buttons and I don't know why.

there MIGHT be a 100-300 in my future or the 45-175 (to keep that 46mm filter thread) and to add electric zoom.

jhunna's gear list:jhunna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow