Lenses for white shark dive

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Apexwildlife New Member • Posts: 6
Lenses for white shark dive

Hey, my fiancé and I are going on a white shark cage dive for our honeymoon next year. I am new to UW photography but not new to photography as a whole.

Everyone may say just bring a gopro and enjoy the experience. I just want to say before anyone suggests that, I have been waiting since I was a little kid to photograph a white shark. My grandmother and I would sit and watch shark week every year. She is the reason I love sharks so much. I unfortunately don’t live anywhere near an ocean or a sea and have never actually seen one in person. Other than a nurse shark. My grandmother is fortunately still around and I would love to come home with an amazing photograph of this adventure for her.

I will be taking my D800E possibly a D850 by then. 2 go pro 7 blacks, but I am stuck on what lenses to pair with them. I am familiar with the Nikon 20mm 1.8 phenomenal lens owned it for years. Is that lens good enough to do the job? I figured I should probably stick to a prime and not fiddle with zoom.

Many other suggestions on lens for shooting these massive animals. Would love to hear everyone’s suggestions.

Thanks

Tyler

Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow