Case Air Wireless Tethering with Z7 with Pocket Wizard Radio Slave and Studio Strobes

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
lindaAZ New Member • Posts: 8
Case Air Wireless Tethering with Z7 with Pocket Wizard Radio Slave and Studio Strobes

I want to tether my camera to iPad while I am shooting with my old Speedotron Black line 2400 power pack and Original Pocket Wizard Plus ( yep,really ) . I do not know if a newer Pocket Wizard would resolve all this or going to cables with Tether Tools would.

Tether tools says the way to use both a radio slave and the Case Air Wireless is to use the lanyard to hang the radio slave from camera ( feels way too vulnerable and hard on the side ports ) or to attach the "RapidMount Accessory Extension Bar” to your hot shoe. Then, you can mount both the Case Air and Pocket Wizard on the bar. You plug the Case Air into the USB as normal and then use a sync cord to plug your flash/trigger into your camera’s sync port ...but there is no sync port on the Z mirrorless system.

Do you have any recommendations for a work around here ?

Any experience or am I missing something ?

PS wondering how the Case Air works focus stacking, and other capabilities works compared to Nikon's ? see https://www.tethertools.com/plugging-in/case-air-wireless-tethering-faq/

-

Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow