Help with Vintage Soligor Lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Natterman New Member • Posts: 12
Help with Vintage Soligor Lens

Hi everyone,

I'm new around here so if I've posted this in the wrong section just let me know!

But the other day I bought about 5 vintage lens for $40 off of someone who probably just inherited a box of random camera stuff. Among the 5 lens, one was a Soligor 135mm f2.8 with the serial # KA 103006. I figured this was probably one of the more interesting lens out of the bundle and wanted to see if it were operational.

Took a little patience but I was able to loose the aperture locking ring and the aperture ring itself (forgive me if I'm not using the correct language). Grease had these two locked up. The problem is, I can't move the focus ring at all!

All the glass elements looked pretty dirty so I took all but the center element out to clean (there's 4 glass elements in this lens). What a nightmare that is/was.. there's still some kind of smudge film on them I can't get off.

So if you can imagine, I've taken the lens about 90% apart and can't figure out how or why the focus ring doesn't move. I think I has something to do with the lens mount (part I'm calling that has lens mount obviously and aperture focus range??) And the brass part it's connected too, which is under the focus ring and what it attaches too. For the life of me, I can't get these two pieces to come apart. Maybe their not supposed to? My thought was maybe someone glued them together?

But beyond that, on the sides of where this section screws onto the lens body there are two slots where small rectangular T shaped pieces fit into and screw onto the lens mount section. With these to rectangular pieces in place it doesn't allow the lens mount and the brass ring to thread on/off, effectively allowing the back element to move closer/away from the sensor.

I'm stuck and trying to figure it out. I'm an engineer and I like to be able to solve problems! It's not a big investment and at the end of the day it's ok if I can't get it to work. I'd love to it to work just to play around with.

For reference, here is a link to some images and if it doesn't work I'll figure that out.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/g8p2cZHPfxaJuy9q6

Natterman's gear list:Natterman's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Canon Pixma Pro-100
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow