The story behind Adobe and missing camera matching profiles

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
henrikbengtsson Senior Member • Posts: 1,268
The story behind Adobe and missing camera matching profiles

So, I started a thread over at the Adobe forums about the missing camera matching profiles, starting with EOS RP. (In fact, even the R which you will find out here)

I got reply from Adobe Staff saying that they are working on it since Canon has changed their file format (CR2->CR3).

Then I asked how come there's camera matching support for the EOS R (which also uses CR3) they admitted that they have not created any real profiles for that one, just a copy-paste from "a previous model". Likely the 5D4 due to the sensor design.

So that means that since the EOS R (which was released a YEAR ago) they still haven't managed to create real custom profiles for Canon. They seem to blame Canon for not being quick enough

Written on September 6th:

"The new sensors require a separate calibration method, and this is the part that is a lot more difficult with the file format change. As I mentioned previously, we're working with Canon to try to resolve this, but it's going to take time. We have already shared with Canon the sentiment that CM profiles are important to our mutual customers (such as yourself), so we're hoping we can get this taken care of. Unfortunately I can't offer a timetable for you"

Here's the full thread:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2650451

Two major players and they can't get this sorted out? Since they repeat "it's going to take time" and finally "no timetable" after ONE YEAR I get the feeling that they just don't care anymore. Hey, they have the smartphone apps right?

Discussion: Do you think Adobe is right? Is Canon holding back or is Adobe "fat and happy"?

henrikbengtsson's gear list:henrikbengtsson's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow