Can i use x265 to compress a RAW to JPEG without losing quality

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MackMack Regular Member • Posts: 278
Can i use x265 to compress a RAW to JPEG without losing quality

My requirement is if I am shooting in RAW and then on post-production when doing all tweak on RAW, example Noice reduction, color correction, lens angle correction, etc.. then I have to save/export it as JPEG so-that, a normal viewer can easily see and share these images, but during conversion from RAW to JPEG the quality of image is degraded and I heard that in videos x265 you can almost retain original quality and also on minimum size of image.

Now size is also another factor suppose I have a RAW image of 42MB and want to save it (convert it) as JPEG then if it will reduce the size to 4MB or 8 MB then it also drastically reduce the image quality and if I choose to maintain the highest size then also it reduce image quality but less.

So I am just wondering if x256 or similar other compression technology (as I think x265 is for videos only not for images) where I can achieve saving/converting an after tweak RAW to JPEG (or easy viewable any other container) with as close image quality as after "tweaked RAW on post-production" with also minimum size. (just what x265 do with videos)

In case if JPEG container is not the final "easy viewable image for common audiance" then another type of container is also fine but it should be globally or mostly used/supported by other image viewer software by common audience.

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow