Going from G9 to G95

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cango Regular Member • Posts: 130
Going from G9 to G95

Earlier this year I decided to move up to the G9 from my G85. My plan was to sell the G85 once I got comfortable with the G9. Well, that never happened and here are the reasons why.

I found myself wishing that I had a built in flash, not that I used it everytime , but I like having one especially when shooting macro. In addition, the built in flash can also control an external flash. Just one less thing I need to carry.

Another problem was that the playback button on the G9 feels so unintuitive being on the upper left corner. Seems that every other camera I has it somewhere on the right.

This next issue I didn't think would bother me but it does, is not having a panoramic mode. I truly miss it.

Now this last one may seem that I'm nitpicking. I feel that the G9's 180FPS slow motion is just a little too slow.  The standard 120FPS just seems right to me.

So with all that said, I went ahead and ordered a G95. My plan is to sell the G85 right way and then give the G95 a few weeks before I make a decision on the future of the G9.

Cango's gear list:Cango's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic G95
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow