Laowa 7.5/2 or 12-32mm

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
brentbrent Veteran Member • Posts: 4,045
Re: Laowa 7.5/2 or 12-32mm

Walt Palmer wrote:

I suggest a 37-46 step-up ring for the 45. In fact a 37-46, then a 46-37, then another 37-46 - makes a lovely little lens hood for the 45.

Yeah, if you have the Olympus 45 f/1.8, which does not come with a hood, then cobbling one together with three step-up rings is one way to go.

Judging by his gear list, the OP actually owns the Panasonic 42.5 f/1.7, and he just mistakenly mentioned "45mm" in his OP. The 42.5 f/1.7 actually comes with a lovely little lens hood! And a pouch! And it focuses closer than the Oly. And it has DFD and Dual IS if you are using a recent Panasonic body.

IQ is about the same, IMO. I have owned both.

Back to the OP's question. First, keep the 12-32. It's sharp, tiny, and you can't get much for it. Laowa 7.5mm might be fine for you if you want to stay with mostly small primes. Personally, I'd rather own the 8-18, which goes almost as wide and can be a good city walk-around lens.  but it costs more and is a lot bigger.

-- hide signature --

Brent

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow