Best MFT lens for mainly video on Kenya safari?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
4edrik
4edrik New Member • Posts: 13
Best MFT lens for mainly video on Kenya safari?

Hello, everyone.

I’m having a bit of a quandary, and while I have certainly found some other good threads related to Micro Four Thirds lens on safari, I’ve yet to find a solid answer to my particular situation.

I’m traveling to Kenya in two weeks for a two-week safari. My new wife and I will be staying at Porini camps in conservancies within the Masai Mara, small private reserves. We’ve never been to Africa and are quite excited!

I’m considering either purchasing or renting another lens to extend my set (G85 body + 12/60mm kit + 25mm f1.8 + 42.5mm f1.8). The catch is that I primarily shoot video (doc/vlog, but also don’t want to miss any great stills opportunities.

I’m considering strongly the Pana 50-200mm f2.8/3.5 or the 100-400mm.

I’m concerned whether I’ll miss close range reactions with video in the safari car if I have the 100-400mm equipped (the 50-200mm would at least allow me the chance to capture my wife’s reaction). But will I find myself wishing I had the extra reach? Is the 50-200mm a huge compromise vs the 100-400mm?

Please advise. Thanks so much.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow