Laowa 7.5/2 or 12-32mm

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jhunna Contributing Member • Posts: 990
Laowa 7.5/2 or 12-32mm

I think I am finally settling down on my perfect (for me) lens composition.  I am clear I need the smaller lens.  My three keepers are going to be:

15/1.7

45/1/7

35-100/f4-5.6 (The small one)

These all handle well, are small enough for me to carry everyday, perform well and (except for the 45) take a 46mm filter.  To get signifcantly better I would need to spend significantly more money and increase the size.

12-32 is a GREAT lens sharpness, IS and fast focusing make this an incredible lens.  I would use this lens primarily for its 12mm focal length.  My 15 does everything this lens does but better and I can mimic the 12-32 focal length with foot steps.

I have not used the Laowa 7.5/2 and it would be a new dimension for me.  Its fast, I can use it indoors, its not fish eyed.  I can deal with the manual focusing as a trade off for the wider focal length.

Seeing the rest of my kit which would you use?  Thanks...

jhunna's gear list:jhunna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow