Is it possible to remove food around the mouth?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
onlyfreeman
onlyfreeman Senior Member • Posts: 1,848
Re: Here is the culprit photo for example

MinAZ wrote:

Wow thank you, that is quite impressive. I suppose that it is nice to know it can be done even if it does take some time. Which software and tool did you use? I see that many people say clone stamp in photoshop is the way to go? Did you do anything else?

Thanks.

For the first version I just quickly removed the marks with the clone, healing and inpainting tools in Affinity. I believe this works similar to Photoshop.

Then I realised that maybe the colour of the lips and around the mouth didn't look right, due to staining from the food I guess, so I tried to fix that. So for the second version it was mainly the same tools, but I tried to adjust the colour using paint brush set to low opacity, probably not the best way to do this however.

The same thing can be done in so many different ways, that's the good news, bad news is that sometimes the easy way is not always known or apparent. Although with some Googling it's easy enough to find some good methods for basically anything.

onlyfreeman's gear list:onlyfreeman's gear list
Sony a7 II Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III FastStone Photo Resizer Paint.net
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow