Shoutout to KEH Camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Doug MacMillan Senior Member • Posts: 2,692
Shoutout to KEH Camera

Our church has an arts center and it concentrates on providing art opportunities to disadvantaged youth in our area. One group is at risk boys from a nearby residence home. They expressed an interest in photography and I was asked to teach a 6 weeks course.

We had a small grant for equipment.  We had as many as 12 boys for the class.   I contacted KEH, discussed the project and told them our budget.  They worked with me and we put together 12 Canon Rebels (European versions) with the 15-55 kit lens, battery and charger.  Some were listed as BGN, but they mostly had minor cosmetic issues.

When they arrived, I tested every camera and lens and they all worked fine. We had our first class yesterday and the boys were overjoyed.  I had them set the cameras on "P" mode and we spent over an hour outside taking photos.

Thanks again to KEH for helping us make this photo course a reality.  There's not many bright spots in their lives and you made a positive contribution to 12 boys. I wish you could have seen the looks on their faces when we handed them their camera.

Doug MacMillan's gear list:Doug MacMillan's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow