What accessories did you order for you 90d?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David M. Anglin
David M. Anglin Senior Member • Posts: 1,347
What accessories did you order for you 90d?

I decided that if I was going to give the 90d a fair test beside my 1dx II, I needed to go all in and add the accessories I had on my 7d II (before I sold it in 2016 and replaced with a 5d IV).  I also like my bodies to have a similar feel so that I don't have to give a lot of thought to switching cameras in the field.

I ordered the following items in addition the 90d

• BG-E14 Battery Grip
  • Hoodman Hoodeye H-EYEC18
  • Lexar 64GB & 128gb SDXC UHS-II

I use the Hoodeye on all of my cameras including the 1dx II & 5d IV, cuts out ambient light and comfortable.  I feel it helps me concentrate more on the image.

When working with long lenses, I actually like the heavier bodies with a vertical grip.  I leave the lens collar with just a little tension so it is stable but I can easily switch to portrait mode while mounted on a tripod.

The camera feels much better to me with the addition of the Hoodeye and grip - more like my 1dx for shooting in the field.

I am headed to Yellowstone and that should give me the opportunity to see if the 90d fits my shooting requirements.

David

David M. Anglin's gear list:David M. Anglin's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M6 II Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon Extender EF 2x III +6 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow