It was two years ago.......

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stuburu1 Contributing Member • Posts: 814
It was two years ago.......

...when news reached me that a Hoopoe had been seen on an estate on the outskirts of Loughborough so everything had to be put on hold for this once in a lifetime sighting.Now to non birders a Hoopoe is a bird that you can see fairly easily when on holiday in most of the popular Mediterranean holiday destinations but to have one in your own county is the stuff of a birders dreams.After tracking it down to where it had been sighted I was greeted with the dreaded news that "it was just here not five minutes ago and then flew off over some back gardens".After a good hour of walking the streets it was time to take a break and see if there was any further news.I went back to the area five times in the next 24 hours but on the afternoon of the second day and most of the crowd gone a lady walked by my car and spoke to one of the remaining hopefuls about a strange looking bird that had been coming to her garden on and off for the past two days and could it be the bird that we had been looking for!We were very kindly invited in to have a look and there on her garden fence sat the HOOPOE!Of course my trusty V3,70-300 cx just happened to be with me and the moment that I thought would never happen was captured for ever.Yes folks I still relive that moment with the happiness that only a keen birder would understand hey it was an event that is as rare as hens teeth and somehow it makes you forget about all of the times that you have `dipped` (A birding term for failed,missed it,too late it`s gone),but not this time!

V3,70-300 cx.

V3,70-300 cx.

Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow