Variable Neutral Density Filter

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RobertoLoco New Member • Posts: 8
Variable Neutral Density Filter

I recently purchased a Promaster Variable Neutral Density Filter. I only have experience with FIXED ND filters....

I have an app on my phone that allows me to dial in my shutter speed and stop and thus provides me with what the appropriate exposure time should be with the FIXED ND filter....

I've noted that the Variable ND filter has no numbers on the side of the filter......only "min" and "max" with no numbers providing info on the number of stops.

As usual, I sat my camera on a tripod, composed, and focused prior to adding on the Variable ND filter. I then changed the camera from Aperature mode to Manual mode and from to automatic focus to manual focus.

I then added the Variable ND filter. This is where is I get confused....Because I have no clue what "stop" I'm at (due to lack of numbers on the side of the filter), I have no clue as to what the appropriate exposure time should be.....

Any words of wisdom from those who are experienced with Variable ND filters is welcomed....

Thank you....

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow