X-H1 production forecast

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Canadianguy Senior Member • Posts: 2,131
X-H1 production forecast

How badly did Fujifilm Japan screw up the forecasting on the X-H1 with grip?

From the wait times in US and Canada, I am seeing – the local Subs don’t have inventory in country but the retailers seem to have the message to keep pushing them. No worries, inventory will come from Japan.

So how much inventory did they manufacture over in Japan – the subs stopped buying the X-H1 long ago and my local retailer wouldn’t stock them in store – special order only.

From how fast the in country inventory dried up and the message to the retailers to keep selling them, there must be tons left over in Japan for them to push the pricing this aggressively.

This is not a post about how good or bad the X-H1 is as a camera. This to me is the bargain of the decade.

But I think it has affected how they forecast and manufacture all the models that followed the X-H1 release. I have been watching the pricing on the X-T3 and its not moving. It moves down by $100 but that’s it. I think they have really tightened down on inventory levels now so I wouldn’t expect anymore deals like the X-H1 w/grip in the future

Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow