1940 Leica Manual

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
evetsf Senior Member • Posts: 1,063
Re: 1940 Leica Manual

garryr wrote:

Humansvillian wrote:

It’s not the biggest format, but the smallest that offers true professional level images for small, lightweight, full featured cameras.

Old photography books, manuals, and magazine ads are an interesting read into a bygone era. How things have changed. Now digital 35mm cameras are referred to as 'full frame', and larger digital formats as medium frame as if they are not quite full. To avoid confusion in the future maybe we should should start calling medium format 'more than full' or 'ludicrously full'. It would make more sense. To be honest, me thinks calling 35mm 'full frame' is more of an insecurity issue.

+1 here. "Full frame" is probably a relic of the film era too, when there were "half frame" cameras that used 35mm film but recorded 16x24mm images with the long edge transversely across the film strip (like a movie camera).

I try to avoid the term "full frame". Instead I call them either 35mm-size or 24x36mm sensor cameras - just to be accurate of course...😁

Steve

evetsf's gear list:evetsf's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow