Any reason not to buy a Canon M50 refurb?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JimMorgan New Member • Posts: 2
Any reason not to buy a Canon M50 refurb?

So, after thinking about it I'm going with the M50 over the M6 II. Pretty much it's a price thing and the fact that the M50 is plenty of camera for my needs and current lenses. I have the original EOS M, adapter, the external flash, the 22mm, 18-55mm, some FD lenses and a couple 3rd party lenses. Also some EF-S and EF lenses from Canon and 3rd parties that I use for my old T3i.

At this point I don't care about video and if I do decide I want to get into it, I'm sure 1080p is just fine to learn with.

I'm a pretty casual photographer and I'm fine using the touch screen to change things. I like using a viewfinder and don't really want to get the M6 II without one so that means buying a kit.

Canon has the M50 refurb with the 18-45mm lens for $454. I should be able to sell the lens for somewhere between $80-$100.

Is there any reason not to buy a Canon refurb? Any real reason to pay the $650 difference for the M6 II bundle with evf and lens? I think I'd be better off buying the M50 and either a 55-200mm zoom on Ebay for $200 or the 32mm 1.4 for a really good prime.
Thanks

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow