First pictures of the X-Pro3?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 9,587
Re: This thing is gonna bomb 💣

HatWearingFool wrote:

Erik Baumgartner wrote:

Stupid, impractical screen, no d-pad, no ibis, probably image quality no better than the X-Pro2, no thank you. From niche product to fringe product. I’m seriously hoping the X100V and X-T4 don’t suffer similar “improvements”.

Maybe the sales of the x-pro3 are so low it's not much of a risk for FujiFilm. As you say it was already niche.

It's possible there are enough "purists" to offset the loss of traditional x-pro3 buyers. And it seems anecdotally that at least some current x-pro shooters like the changes. It'll be curious to see how well Fujifilm did their homework.

A niche model that's only upgraded every 4 years can probably afford to be radical.

I'm very curious to see what happens to x-e bodies.I suspect it's a bigger seller and will remain more mainstream in design to keep users who want rangefinder format.

I'm more interested in what is under the hood. In reality the LCD being hidden is not a bad thing in that it offered some protection. It might also have forced them to address the idiotic eye sensor they have foisted on the users.

If it is nothing more than a repackaged T3 innards - forget it. But the last time Fuji used the Pro2 to introduce a new generation sensor. If that is the case this time - I would definitely be interested - if not forget it.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KFo
KFo
KFo
KFo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow