New owner of A7rIV - Canon Convert

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OlHeath Regular Member • Posts: 203
Re: New owner of A7rIV - Canon Convert

timned88 wrote:

Hey guys, I just took delivery of my brand spanking new Sony A7rIV. I have been a Canon shooter my whole life and am excited to learn a new system. I also got the Metabones 5 adapter.

My current lens lineup is such:

• Canon 24-105 f/4L
  • Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II
  • Canon 11-24 f/4L
  • Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 di SP
  • Sigma 50-500 OS
  • Sigma 20 f/1.4 ART
  • Sigma 50 f/1.4 ART
  • Sigma 85 f/1.4 ART

I do have a Canon 5dMk4 and Canon 1dX body.

What advice would you have to help make the learning curve as short as possible?

Also, I do want to switch over to 1st party G and GM lenses but want to do so in the most cost effective way possible. I am pretty sure that my first two lenses will be the 24-150G and 12-24G.

Both great lenses. I would watch the youtube vids on the different functions, think which ones will apply to you most, map them to the function menu, my menu and custom buttons, then after using it a few weeks probably make some adjustments to those. Remember you can assign different custom button functions for video vs stills.

Once you know the functions, how they apply to your shooting style, and set it up you should very rarely need to dig around in the main menu - after 5 years with Sony bodies that's still my approach: avoid the main menu wherever possible.

OlHeath's gear list:OlHeath's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7 III Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow