Classic Debate, New lens vs New (older) Camera

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Reece McDaniel New Member • Posts: 1
Classic Debate, New lens vs New (older) Camera

Hey there, I have a question for the forum and I am really looking at advice and weighing my options.  I have a Sony a6300 with the 18-105 f4 lens and it my baby, it’s absolutely phenomenal. I have used this setup for about 2.5 years now and I have been looking to add some variety to my kit.  I am a full time student with what also feels like a full time job (It’s part time, it was a joke).  I am writing in this forum because I haven’t had a lot of time lately to play around with my photography lately so I am looking for something to spark enough of my interest to put me back in the saddle and get me out shooting again.  I’m torn between the following: the Sony RX 100iii because of its small compact size and the fact that I would have it with me all the time because of how easy it is to bring around and image quality, a Canon 5D classic because of the access to Canon glass, the absolutely stunning image quality and purity of photography that comes with such an old camera, and the sigma 30mm f1.4 to go with my current Sony which would give me much better low light performance and keep me with my current system.  I have a feeling I know which way the thread will lean, but I just couldn’t get those 5D images out of my head, they are so beautiful!!!  That full frame sensor and colors give me chills, but the portability of the Rx would probably allow me to take more pictures given my schedule because of how easy it is to bring around, and then the new lens for my Sony would probably be the best investment because it would be expanding on my current system, but I don't know how easy it would be to bring around because of how many books i have to bring with me to class, etc.  I appreciate any and all feedback, just please don’t be rude, I’m just looking for advice.  Thank you!!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow