Worth taking the 8-16mm f2.8 to Lofoten in October?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rich the Hiker Regular Member • Posts: 475
Worth taking the 8-16mm f2.8 to Lofoten in October?

I’ve been to Lofoten once several years ago in summer, and am heading back next month hoping to see the same magnificent scenery in daylight and the  added prospect if conditions allow to see the northern lights over the beaches and mountains at night.  I’m considering renting the XF 8-16mm f2.8 as it’s wider and more versatile than my XF 14 f2.8 and even the faster Samyang 12mm f2.  I could use the 8-16mm for daylight landscapes/beach photos and then use the same fast wide angle zoom for photos of the northern lights. The only downside about the XF 8-16mm lens that I see is that there’s no front filter thread, and therefore I don’t think long exposure photos are possible using NDs. For those that have been to Lofoten or Northern Norway would you consider the 8-16mm lens a useful landscape and aurora astro photos, albeit it’s very very wide and cannot fit filters. Thoughts on very wide angle lens use in Lofoten scenery with full frame 35mm equivalent focal length of 12-24mm. Thanks

Fujifilm XF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow