Windows Photo Viewer to Windows 10, so ... ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NAwlins Contrarian Veteran Member • Posts: 3,361
Windows Photo Viewer to Windows 10, so ... ?

I'm the the process of transitioning one of my computers from an old Windows 7 machine to a new Windows 10 machine. With Windows 7, Windows Photo Viewer was frequently useful, but insofar as apparently the Windows Photos app that comes with Windows 10 is not color-managed, I'd like your advice / suggestions regarding whether I should:

1. perform the registry entry edits to allow the use of the older Windows Photo Viewer on the new Windows 10 machine (which never had Windows 7 on it), and if so, which instructions you find to be the best; or

2. find some other little piece of software to replace the old Windows Photo Viewer, which would have to be:

(a) lightweight in terms of resources used and time to launch;

(b) capable of displaying JPEGs, TIFFs (both 8-bit and 16-bit), GIFs, and PNGs;

(c) color-managed (many of my files are in color spaces other than sRGB);

(d) capable of quickly flipping through files and zooming to 100%; and

(e) capable of basic printing (nothing fancy).

I don't need or really even want any DAM features, rating system, raw conversion, or editing; however, if those features exist unobtrusively in the background, that's not an obstacle for a program that meets the other requirements.

Thanks!

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S110 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow