Do Fuji colors look different or is it personal style?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MinAZ
MinAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 5,021
Do Fuji colors look different or is it personal style?

I've seen many Fuji camera ads, and recently watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO8yxL4jpNw

It is talking about some Fuji higher ups and ambassadors.

One thing I've always noticed - either Fuji or people who shoot Fuji, make it so the photos look a certain way - I find it hard to explain, but its that dark and moody wedding photography look or the REI nature hiking/camping outdoors in the sunset look you see on Instagram. I don't know the work of EVERY Fuji ambassador by a long shot, but most of the ones I see - this is the look.

Question is: is this due to the way Fuji handles colors so the look is intrinsic to the camera, or due to the way Fuji users prefer to shoot/post-process the photos?

If you have no idea what I am talking about, watch the above video. You will notice there is almost an orange wash to many of the clips, and notice the color of the trees - they are not a natural green (I call it "wedding photography green" if you have ever seen a wedding album, you'd know what I mean).

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow