Pocketable compact - HX90V (small sensor big zoom) vs G9X (bigger sensor) vs LF1

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
badfelafelxxxxxxx New Member • Posts: 1
Pocketable compact - HX90V (small sensor big zoom) vs G9X (bigger sensor) vs LF1

Hi

My main priority is having a camera in my pocket all the time.  I've been using a tiny Sony (it is remarkable) but am wondering about upgrading, to a secondhand compact.

My favourites in my budget are the HX90V, the G9X, and the LF1.

Problem is there are two types of photographs I take, and I want the best of both.

First is architectural detail at max zoom - so wondering if the small sensor at full 30x zoom on the HX90V will trump the 1inch sensor and 3x zoom on the G9X, for detail and less noise.  The LF1 is somewhere in between for both sensor and zoom.

The other type of photograph is a quick snapshot - groups etc, photographs I can then crop so want the clearest detail when zooming in later, after just switching on but not using the zoom.

Have seen plenty of other threads but have not found the answer!

Would be very pleased to hear your advice and comments.

The HX90V is slightly bigger, but the superzoom is very attractive, unless I can get good enough detail from the others anyway and then crop in.

POLL
Sony HX90V
0% 0  votes
Canon G9X
100% 2  votes
Lumix LF1
0% 0  votes
  Show results
Canon G9 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow