What the X-Pro3 REALLY needs (not IBIS or articulating LCD)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
razorfish Contributing Member • Posts: 803
What the X-Pro3 REALLY needs (not IBIS or articulating LCD)

I never owned an X-Pro, but I'm very intrigued by the rangefinder style OVF and I'd love to try it out. Since the X-Pro3 seemingly will have most of the X-T3 innards, I could see myself selling my X-T3 and getting the new camera at a small loss. But the reason for getting the X-Pro would of course be above all that OVF, that's the standout feature over the X-T3, and you can be sure I'd be using that 95% of the time (yes I know it can switch over to an EVF but then I can just continue using the X-T3 right?)

So unfortunately, I use my 10-24mm quite a lot, and I use telephoto lenses too, and there lies the problem. The OVF of the current X-Pro2 is really limited in terms of focal range (Fuji doesn't appear to be publishing any numbers, but as I understand it's nowhere close to covering 10mm and also is not really usable with the 50-140mm or 100-400mm due to those big lenses showing up in the corner of the viewfinder).

What could be done here? A lot, it seems. For one, increase the zoom in the OVF, if it gets a bit bigger so be it. Second, change the design and place the OVF further away from the lens mount. That would limit the problems of larger lenses blocking the view. So of course there are still physical limits to what can be done, but Fuji should at least optimize the design to make the X-Pro3 usable with as many lenses as possible. That would certainly broaden the market.

-- hide signature --

“Do not try and achieve the full-frame look on APS-C, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth… there is no full-frame look.” - Fuji 33mm f1.0

razorfish's gear list:razorfish's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Phase One Capture One Pro
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow