Best Nikon camera for moiré and realistic colour reproduction?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dav40G9 New Member • Posts: 6
Best Nikon camera for moiré and realistic colour reproduction?

Hi there,

I am wondeing if anyone can help me. I am looking for a camera for photo studio work, to photograph products which are made with fabrics. I have sruggled for years with moiré and have yet to find a camera which can provide moiré free shots with good colour reproduction under studio lighting conditions. The best so far is my Nikon 5200 (for moiré but sadly not for good colour reproduction).

I am looking to upgrade this camera into something which is a bit more professional (where I have more control over white balance and various other settings) and would like some advice. Although the Nikon 5200 had little moiré issues compared to many other models, getting true colour reproduction in the studio was very difficult for certain colours (meaning a lot of time correcting in post).

I wonder whether a camera like the Z6 is an idea (although rather more money than I want to spend)? I'm aware I'm also paying for capable video qualities that I do not need as I own various Lumix cameras which I'm very happy with for video.

If anyone has any idea then please feel free to shout back! I could try another camera system, but it's the same old problem when you have started off with one system you hesitate to throw that all in for another.

Thank you

Nikon D5200 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow