Mini - Challenge #558 "Cold" - Results

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mina J
OP Mina J Veteran Member • Posts: 3,743
Re: Mini - Challenge #558 "Cold" - Results

AlwynS wrote:

Oh wow Mina, thanks very much for this! Am I allowed to express my warm appreciation and say that I think it is very cool that I was able to win the hotly contested cold challenge?

I thought this challenge really had some wonderful, wonderful images. My respects and appreciation for the great photographs, both entries and exhibits, that everybody posted. It must have been a tough one to judge Mina, but that is a great "problem" to have! I would also like to add my admiration for how you stepped in to run this round: very classy, but then again, it is no more than we have come to expect from you.

I will have to mull over the topic for the next challenge. I have some ideas but I will have to decide and then post within the day.

AlwynS, as the Winner, you have every right to be happy. When I won my first challenge, (Bill Borne was the Host and encouraged me to participate) I was over the moon.  I've also learned a lot about photography from Bill and all of you on DPR.  I try very hard to never  have "blown out skies" LOL  Even now if I get a HM, I'm still over the moon.  It feels like winning just to receive the recognition.  However, it's a competition and others want to feel that way as well.

It was very gratifying to know how many liked the "cold" theme. I was driving back from the Greek Festival in San Diego and thinking of a theme when it hit me "cold" might be fun after Randy's "heat".

I totally agree with you. There were some absolutely wonderful entries and exhibits. It's a lot easier when there are fewer entries than exhibits. However, you want enough entries to make it a real competition.  Thank you for your thoughtful words about my running the challenge.  I tried my best because you and the other members deserved nothing less.

Sincerely and happy hostingĀ 

Mina

-- hide signature --

"A photograph is a mirror that remembers"
By Blind Tom 1849-1908

Mina J's gear list:Mina J's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VII Nikon D300 Nikon D750
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow