A Few Issues Need Your Suggestion

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ching-Kuang Shene
Ching-Kuang Shene Veteran Member • Posts: 6,006
A Few Issues Need Your Suggestion

I acquired a SIgma AF 1000mm 1:8 APO in Canon EF mount.  So, I tried to put it on Sigma MC11 so that I could use this combo on my Sony A7II.  However, I found that the lens transmitted f/5.6 (rather than f/8) to A7II via MC11.  The major problem is that most of time this lens did not auto focus.  So, my questions are:

1. The seller told me that this lens works on his 5D Mark IV.  This means Canon 5D Mark IV can AF at f/8.  Is this true?  Then, how about the A7II?
  2. Can this lens AF on a 5D Mark III or even II or I?
  3. Which A7 series can AF at f/8?

One more question.  I intend to capture LCD activities while I am doing MF.  In other word, while I am MF, I hope to capture the screen output during MF.  Currently, I used a 9-inch external monitor for MF, image magnified for sure.  I hope to capture the the video sent to the external LCD with some device.   If anyone here uses this approach, could you please share your experience, including the device and software?

Thanks.

CK

Ching-Kuang Shene's gear list:Ching-Kuang Shene's gear list
Olympus D-600L Nikon D7100 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G +2 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow