Corporate Headshots and Raw files

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
RDKirk Forum Pro • Posts: 15,291
Re: Corporate Headshots and Raw files

Krav Maga wrote:

Photomonkey wrote:

As TCphoto1 notes, why do they want it?

My experience is that a request like this is almost always based on erroneous information someone got from "someone who is a great photographer".

A ton of weird ideas about RAW that completely contradicts the principle of hiring a pro in the first place.

It's from someone who is the media manager at a large corporation. They say that they require all the raw files so that they can have access to them at a later date and make changes to them; cropping, etc., to accommodate whatever they may need them for in the future without having to reach back out to the photographer and have them do it for them. From a business perspective, they say that it's not possible to foresee all the possible needs or changes to them that may be required in the future.

I automatically provide full-sized TIFFs and JPEGs of all selected images.  I inform them that everything they need to do can be done from the TIFF.

-- hide signature --

RDKirk
'TANSTAAFL: The only unbreakable rule in photography.'

RDKirk's gear list:RDKirk's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow