a7RIV eats stars

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Astrophotographer 10 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,300
Re: a7RIV eats stars

JimKasson wrote:

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

When the iv was first released there was mention of a menu item to turn NR off. I am not sure if this is the same as they have always had where you can turn long exposure NR off. But it was said the menu item was to turn NR off.

Its unlikely, but is there a menu item for this and if so does it turn off this RAW filtering?

Greg.

I turned off all the NR settings I could find.

Thanks Jim. So nothing new there.

Well if one really wants the 61mp full goodness without the star eater and any threat of amp glow then you get the much more expensive dedicated QHY or ZWO cooled camera version. It seems they are picking up the market that Sony is not interested in.

Makes you wonder how bad the noise would be if they turned it off. Would we be shocked? Are they concerned the Canikon fanbois will make a huge deal out of how noisy Sony sensors really are or are they simply disregarding what they consider is too small a section of the market to bother with?

Greg.

Astrophotographer 10's gear list:Astrophotographer 10's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow