Lightroom mobile - Viewing Images at 100%

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mountains And Waves Landscape Photography
Mountains And Waves Landscape Photography Junior Member • Posts: 45
Lightroom mobile - Viewing Images at 100%

Hi folks,

I am interested in getting a new iPad to use Lightroom mobile when I am travelling.  I currently have an iPad 4th generation and when editing the photos I noticed that the detail when zooming in on images was quite poor.

All of these images were stored in the Adobe cloud and I have discovered that when you edit images on the iPad which are stored on the cloud, you are actually editing a smart preview and this is what you are actually editing.  This explains the lack of detail when zooming in.

I have a few things I would like to clarify:

1) In the scenario above, is there a way to choose to download the full resolution file from the cloud to work on?

2) If I am travelling and I use an SD card reader with a lightning connection to copy images to the iPad, can I see these images at 100% detail in full resolution? (I don't have such a reader at the moment to test this).

3) If I bring a full res file into the iPad ecosystem and make a change in LR mobile, will the edits I make be automatically synced with Lightroom desktop when I import the same RAW file onto my computer?

Many thanks for the help.

Stephen

-- hide signature --

Northern Ireland Landscape Photography
http://www.mountainsandwaves.com/

Mountains And Waves Landscape Photography's gear list:Mountains And Waves Landscape Photography's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow