Fuji Film Simulation + Post-processing. Is this possible?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LiNGo0 New Member • Posts: 14
Fuji Film Simulation + Post-processing. Is this possible?

I just made the switch over to Fuji a couple weeks ago, and I’ve been having the time of my life! However, I have run into a problem. For me, part of the appeal of shooting Fuji is the wonderful film simulations.

The real issue with shooting RAW is that I have to choose to either (1) apply the film simulations in-camera to the RAW files and export them as JPGs, or (2) import the RAW files for post, in which case I miss out on the film simulations. Is there a way I can have the best of both worlds? In other words, is there a way I can have the Fuji film simulations in addition to being able to work with the files in post aside from the answer that I work with JPGs in post (which is out of the question)? Am I missing something obvious here? I use Luminar 3 if it’s relevant to the conversation.

LiNGo0's gear list:LiNGo0's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow