Fisheye+FTZ with Nikon Z6 & Lightroom

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rssarma
rssarma Veteran Member • Posts: 6,405
Fisheye+FTZ with Nikon Z6 & Lightroom

I recently purchased the Nikon Z6 and while I really enjoy using the camera, I cannot say the same when it comes to processing the files with LR. There are a myriad of settings baked into the raw files and LR reads all of this metadata when it loads the files. This applies to practically every setting and I find this extremely annoying. However, the most annoying aspect is the fact that I'm unable to disable the lens profiles that are automatically being applied.

This is especially a problem when I'm shooting with wide angle and fisheye lenses. Is there any way for me to disable these profiles? Are there any photographers out there using the Z cameras with fisheye and processing the files in LR successfully?

I'm honestly very peeved at the processing choices that LR has chosen with the Z cameras and I'm very inclined to stop using the cameras all together as it has completely disrupted my workflow. The added hours to process the files aren't billable and truly a waste of time. I can't understand why Nikon and Adobe would do this given that the whole premise of shooting RAW is to defer control to the user!

-- hide signature --

Raj Sarma
http://www.rajsarma.com
--
IG:@rsarmaphotos
@rstravelphotos

rssarma's gear list:rssarma's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow