Robin Wong’s Olympus 12-200mm f/3.5-6.3 review

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BruceRH Senior Member • Posts: 1,730
Robin Wong’s Olympus 12-200mm f/3.5-6.3 review

Robin recently posted a video review of the 12-200mm f/3.5-6.3. When this lens was first announced, I was pretty curious about it. After release, it wasn’t given glowing praise so I held off trying it out. But Olympus just had one of their 20% off refurb sales so I was able to  get one at just over $600(including tax) which is about where I wanted to be price wise for this lens. I tend to buy used or refurbished when I can.

I just got the lens a few days ago and haven’t had a lot of time to try it out, but so far, I would agree with Robin’s assessment of it. It is not a Pro grade lens but it is more than adequate for most of my needs, particularly travel and in good light. The range is outstanding and I love that it starts at 12mm which has always been an issue for me with my 14-150. I really like 12mm as my starting point on a general purpose zoom. The build quality is very similar to the 14-150 and feels solid but light. Much lighter than the 12-100. The 12-100 will definitely stay and is probably more versatile since I can take indoor shots easily with its SyncIS and constant F4 aperture.

I plan to use it on my next trip this week since I don’t plan on taking many indoor shots. Paired with my PL 8-18 and the Voigtlander 10.5, I should be well covered.

Here is the link to the review.

BruceRH's gear list:BruceRH's gear list
Sony RX100 III Olympus Tough TG-4 Sony a7R II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II +23 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow