TZ/SZ200 - Impatient with lens retraction

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Boombuia Regular Member • Posts: 143
TZ/SZ200 - Impatient with lens retraction

Hi -

This is my pet peeve about this camera:

After taking multiple shots (and this camera can take a lot when in high speed!), it takes a long while for them to be saved to memory.

(Now, I might be able to reduce this time by using a better memory card_currently using SanDisk Ultra_ but this is not really my complaint)

The problem I have is, I turn the camera off while those multiple images are being recorded, the camera waits until the last photo is stored to retract the lens and finally power off.

Why, why, why could the lens not be retracted as soon as you turn the switch to the OFF position? with my kid around, after a session of pics, I want to be able to quickly turn it off and store it back (bag, jacket pocket, whatever). Cannot do that with the lens extended!

However, this weekend I played with it and found out a way to accelerate the process - while the multiple images are being recorded, press the Playback button, after a few seconds it goes into playback mode and lens is retracted. After that, I can switch the camera off and safely store it away.

If anybody has any other advise I would appreciate it - otherwise, perhaps my "trick" above can help any others facing the same issue - or maybe not, as I realise this is a very specific issue (or non issue!).

Thanks!

Boombuia's gear list:Boombuia's gear list
Panasonic ZS200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow