Well stocked with Micro 43

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Masefield Contributing Member • Posts: 865
Well stocked with Micro 43

Perhaps this isn't really thread worthy, but I'm happy to report that a wander through Cardiff city centre yesterday revealed a good amount of Micro 43 kit prominently displayed for sale.

'Cameraland' in the Royal Arcade has three main glass cabinets on the back wall. The left cabinet (IIRC) featured binoculars, the right (IIRC) featured Nikon and Canon gear.

However, the middle cabinet was full of Olympus and Panasonic M43 lenses...from basic kit zooms to expensive f1.2 primes. It was a pretty comprehensive selection and very prominently displayed. It was interesting to be able to compare the sizes of different lenses so easily as they were all displayed out of their boxes.

Needless to say, they looked very small and neat compared to the much bulkier Nikon/Canon APS-C kit in the next cabinet.

I went into the shop as my friend was buying something, and the staff seemed moderately busy. So unfortunately, I didn't really have a chance to chat to them.

Then in a nearby arcade another camera shop ( I think it was the Morgan Arcade, which would make the shop 'Camera Centre UK') had at least two Olympus cameras (an EM5 ii and an EM10 iii) prominently displayed in the window. But I didn't go inside to check the display inside the shop.

Maybe Cardiff is unusual, but it would be nice to think other camera shops across the country are showing off Micro 43 kit. The difference in size compared to Canon/Nikon APS-C is quite startling, and IMO, is a selling point to be able to see that size benefit in the flesh.

Although these shops aren't exactly local to me, I have used them before over the years and received good, friendly and knowledgeable service.

-- hide signature --

'Photography is not art. It's pressing buttons. People take it up because they can't draw.' Lord Snowdon

Masefield's gear list:Masefield's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +3 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow