Xh1 Bundle: Should I get 16-55 or wait for 16-80

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
berriesntoast
berriesntoast New Member • Posts: 4
Xh1 Bundle: Should I get 16-55 or wait for 16-80

Hello,

Current 70d user who is about to move over to Fuji. I live in a mountainous area and take my camera hiking and mostly shoot landscapes though on occasion I do do some portrait photography and am looking to do more after the switch. I also work as a producer and on occasion my kit gets called on to shoot video for work. Part of the reason for the switch is to gain some weight savings from my current kit for hiking.

I was considering getting a used xt2, 10-24, and most likely 16-80 and expand my lenses out from there. However, after considering the XH1 deals going I have decided to purchase an XH1 because it will serve some of my video needs quite well. After giving it more thought though I wonder if I should purchase the 16-55 bundle with the XH1 (at BH, Amazon etc.). It seems like a great deal and I could see the 16-55 being very useful for video in combination with the XH1. It does seem like a bit of an extravagant buy to me though even if it is a lens I would probably seek to own one day. It also does not seem to be very inline with my goal of cutting weight. The 16-80 seems like a dream hiking lens to me, but funnily enough purchasing the 16-80 and XH1 would actually cost me more than purchasing the 16-55 bundle.

As a side note I have considered purchasing the xt3 but after some internal debate opted to spend less money on a body so I could spend more on lenses.

Just looking for any advice from current fuji users. Thanks!

ANSWER:
Canon EOS 70D Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow