The Cost of Profoto just can't be justified anymore

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Krav Maga
Krav Maga Senior Member • Posts: 3,078
Re: The Cost of Profoto just can't be justified anymore

bigtrouble wrote:

Krav Maga wrote:

flbdig wrote:

So I can't come up with any reason that Profoto should be the choice over Godox for anyone starting a new lighting kit. IMHO

Neither can I. But different people have different ways of looking at things.

The argument that "if you're a professional, Profoto makes sense" is especially curious to me.

The way that I look at it is that if you're "pro" it means that your business is photography. If your business is photography, how does spending $2300 on a B1 instead of $900 on an AD 600 Pro make sound business sense? No matter how you slice it, there is not a $1400 difference in quality or ROI; not even close. You can buy 2 AD 600s and still be way ahead; using one for backup.

But this is simply my opinion.

Guesisng you're quoting me, in which case you missed the part about well heeled enthusiast/hobbyists. If we are talking about just straight financial calculations, I'd wager that a $900 AD600 doesn't really make sense for most people either.

No, I was responding to the OP. The quote I had in my response was from the OP.

-- hide signature --

I feel more like I do now than I did before ...
https://www.danielmedley.com

Krav Maga's gear list:Krav Maga's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow