New m.zuiko 75-300mm II - much faster focus with EM5ii compared to EM1

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JimH123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,971
New m.zuiko 75-300mm II - much faster focus with EM5ii compared to EM1

Just received the m.zuiko 75-300mm lens a couple days ago and have been comparing it on an Olympus EM5ii and Olympus EM1. Have to conclude that that focus on the EM5ii is faster and more sure.

A few shots using the EM5ii, all cropped a bit. These two planes approached from different angles and passed real close and then continued on their separate paths. I suspect someone wasn't paying good attention. Anyway, you can see the rolling shutter effect in the propellers since I was using electronic shutter. But I am pleased with the sharpness. I did use Topaz Sharpen AI in Stabilize mode which I am finding to be quite good.

I should be receiving the EM1 mk2 tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if it focuses faster than the EM5ii.

One more thing.  I found it interesting that I was able to google the number on the side of the 3rd plane and see that it is a Cessna 150L built in 1972.  And I was able to see the owners name.

JimH123's gear list:JimH123's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Sony a6300 Olympus E-M1 II Sony a6500 +1 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow