My second lens... what to choose?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Humansvillian
Humansvillian Senior Member • Posts: 1,968
Re: My second lens... what to choose?

Rodrigo Cura wrote:

Hello everyone,

03 years ago I bought my Panasonic G7 with the standard Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH Power IOS lens. I am not a professional, but I am excited to use it for personal use such as leisure, travel and family portraits in birthdays and special occasions. After using it for a while, there are some aspects that bother me like the inability to take a selfie with my wife while traveling, the low light resolution, the inability to take pictures in small rooms that cover the whole scene (because this is not a wide angle). Other than that, we will soon be 03 with the arrival of a little princess in our family! Of course we will also be willing to take the best pictures of her (closes... maybe 50cm away?) and record videos as well. What lenses would you recommend?

Thanks! Really appreciate it!

Unfortunately, any lens wider than your 14mm is going to cost something terrible.

But, the good news is that buying a used Panasonic 20mm f1.7 will not set you back more than about $150 as a used lens.

This lens is about the biggest bargain in fast primes there is for your camera, and it works great on old camera bodies.

The best all around wide and fast lens I own is the Olympus 12-40 f2.8 Pro, which costs about $500 used and nearly twice that brand new.

But for a cheap, fast prime the 20mm Panasonic is hard to beat.

-- hide signature --

Humansville is a town in the Missouri Ozarks

Humansvillian's gear list:Humansvillian's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow