Next big improvement in printers

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alexey Contributing Member • Posts: 891
Next big improvement in printers

Looking 5 years forward, what do you think the next big improvement in home inkjet printers will be? What feature or improvement do you want to see next?

I will start.

I am hoping that the companies will finally tackle the clogging issue, so that pigment printers can be left off for months without clogging or wasting ink.  Perhaps some kind of “seal mode” for the printhead. For example, a button on the printer that mechanically seals off and locks the cartridge with an extra layer of protection if the user intends to store the printer for longer than a week.  Just sealing, without dumping or wasting the ink, though.

I am also hoping for Ecotank-type photo printers. I would be willing to pay, say 1k, for a pro-100-type printer with replaceable waste tank and huge inktanks of 6-8 cheap Chormalife 100+ Inks. Most people don’t spend more than several hundred dollars worth of ink over the printer’s lifespan for a dye printer of that level. So, company won’t loose that much in profits if it charges more for such printers. But what a joy it will be to use a printer with cheap unlimited, OEM ink!

Also, dye printers work best with OEM papers. So, the companies will be ensuring greater demand for that product from users of such printers.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow