Remote Control Questions: Camranger vs CamFi vs ??? for a6500

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Off The Mark Senior Member • Posts: 2,817
Remote Control Questions: Camranger vs CamFi vs ??? for a6500

Hi everyone:

I am looking for a remote control app for my a6500.

The Important thing: I am CONSTANTLY switching between M1 and M2 on my camera, so I will need:

1) Either an app that will let me manually switch between M1 and M2 y using the mode dial on the camera, or...

2) An app that will let me switch between M1 and M2 through the app touchscreen.

My work flow is this: Take three bracketed exposures in aperture priority (using M1), then take individual shots at -1.7 exposure in aperture priority (which I have M2 set up for).

So is there an app / device that will let me do this? Does the play memories app allow this? (I haven't figured out how to do this with the play memories app which is why I am asking.)

Also, I will need to make adjustments on the fly to exposure, so if I switch to M1 (three bracketed exposures), I would still like the ability to quickly adjust exposure up and down. Same thing with shooting in M2 (which is normally -1.7 exposure compensation). I might need to adjust exposure compensation up and down.

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

What Middle School Is Really Like:
https://youtu.be/Q1Xtz5EqMuo

Off The Mark's gear list:Off The Mark's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a5100 Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +7 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow