90D Wifi does not support FTP transfer. Is there a work around? Looking to upgrade.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bionic963 Regular Member • Posts: 453
90D Wifi does not support FTP transfer. Is there a work around? Looking to upgrade.

Looking to upgrade my current setup. I have a studio and we still use the 50D with the WFT-E3A Wifi / Ethernet Transmitter. The transmitter is configured to establish an FTP connection to our Qnap Nas server and upload all the photos to the server in real time. I love the setup! It allows me to keep and eye on the session remotely when I am not physically there and one of my assistants is handling the shooting. I just log into the nas and I can see all the photos in real time. I have chimed in on shoots while I am on vacation in another country, or even when I am at home. The setup continues to serve me well!

So I heard about the new 90D release and wanted to see about possibly upgrading. So I downloaded the 90D manual from Canon and I see that the 90D's built in wifi Bluetooth capability does not include a FTP transfer option!!?? Whats up with that... So I guess they are holding out that feature for the 7D III ???

The fact that the 90D has left off the FTP function is a pretty clear indicator that there will be some other APSC release that will have this function included. Most likely I think the 7D III ... This is an extremely important feature if your workflow requires it. The 7D Mark 1 supported it, and before the introduction of the 7D series the 50D supported it. After the introduction of the 7D line, Canon dumbed down the XXD series.. The new 90D has a lot of the features that were removed from the 50D, but the 1 thing that it has not added back is an FTP network transfer option.

Here is a recent photo using the 50D + 17-55. Unretouched. DPP Raw to jpg export only. White Seamless paper background is lit with 2 Strip Boxes (1 on each side). Subject is lit with 1 Paul C. Buff 86-inch Extreme Silver Parabolic Umbrella (PLM86U-S-8MM) with white Front Diffuser Fabric (PLM86-WFDF). Subject is standing on white tile board floor which also helps with fill.

2019 50D + 17-55. Unretouched. Only DPP Raw Conversion to jpg export

-- hide signature --

Brook

Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 90D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow