* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #594 on 2019 09 11 *

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
P3T3S Senior Member • Posts: 1,268
Re: Requisite Trip to Familia Sagrada - Photo Story

minniev wrote:

I understood before going to Barcelona that Familia Sagrada was required viewing, so we got advance tickets to avoid the long hot lines and hailed an early taxi to be in the first groups to enter. Still, it was a daunting experience - a massive, convoluted and not yet complete after 100 years structure filled to the brim with tourists. The size of the thing makes it hard enough to photograph, and the crowds complete the challenge.

I tried to think of something I could do that might be different, and all I could come up with was to photograph at slightly off center angles to create visually the sense of imbalance and chaos I felt in this thing. So the visual worrisome-ness is purposeful. Of course I'm not sure any of that works. But anyway.

I enjoyed your view of Familia Sagrada, although I didn't find them particularly worrisome! I think you achieved that best with the penultimate one, with the figure crushed against the side of the frame by the inscriptions.

I love the final frame of your story. The child flicking through the book looking at the pictures, presumably too young to understand. She symbolises so many adults, who also flick through sites such as this, looking at the pictures, without trying to understand what they see, impatiently waiting for the next page with a new picture to be ticked off the must see list.

Pete

P3T3S's gear list:P3T3S's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow