Wasting Money to switch from 80D to A7III with a single prime?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SlothRock New Member • Posts: 16
Wasting Money to switch from 80D to A7III with a single prime?

Hey all!! Going on my honeymoon to Japan with the wife in 3 weeks and am considering selling my 80D for a Sony A7III for the trip and future trips. I bought the 80D a couple years ago and have used it on all my trips. Since then it hasn’t gotten as much use and I think the main reason is just a size thing. It’s bulky carrying around with me and I don’t look forward to carrying it although I love the better quality pictures over my iPhone 100%.

Due to the size factor, I thought it’d be a good idea to trade in the 80D and get an A7III with the FE 28/2 lens as my only lens for the trip to Japan. Although I know this limits the types of pictures I can take, it feels like an extremely lightweight kit that I can bring everywhere and get some phenomenal shots. My question is - if that’s the only lens im thinking of using initially is this a complete waste of cash? Wanna get a pulse check before I pull the trigger here. Thanks!

SlothRock's gear list:SlothRock's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Canon EOS 80D Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow