EOS M50 problems - EVF and touch focus

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
matrigs New Member • Posts: 11
EOS M50 problems - EVF and touch focus

I have upgraded my Canon M100 to an M50 and encountered two problems right out of the box.

First - the camera behaves weird when my nose touches the screen.

- The focus point will sometimes jump to a point far from the selected one.

- When trying to reset the position of the focus point in the middle, long pressing the button sometimes doesn't do anything.

Both "problems" go immediately away after raising my nose from the screen.

I should have prefaced, that I have set the area responsible for touch focus to the bottom right of the screen.

This does not happen everytime and it's hard for me to replicate it consistently, but it happens often enough to notice.

Did anyone else experience something like this?

Second - In the EVF, there is a blue tinted "ghost" visible, especially on the lower edge.

It seems to be a reflection of the display from the glass of the eyepiece as it moves around when moving the camera yet stays still when looking at pictures from the gallery.

I find it distracting enough to not want to use the EVF.

I am trying to figure out if these things are reason enough to send back / service the camera.

While I have the attention of M50 users - cannot the tiles in the Quick Menu be changed / moved as in the M100?

Canon EOS M100 Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow