Wildlife pics from south Florida

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
snapa
snapa Veteran Member • Posts: 4,019
Wildlife pics from south Florida

I decided to check out Green Cay & Wakodahatchee Wetlands yesterday since Green Cay will be closing for about 4-6 months in a week or two for repairs. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount and variety I was able to find. It was a nice upper 80-degree day with a mix of bright sunlight and cloudy conditions.

It's been a LONG time since I have shared any wildlife pictures, so I figured it was about time I did! Besides, I have not seen that many wildlife threads lately, for some reason. I've been pretty quiet lately since I just came back from a 2-week vacation in Seattle WA and Victoria Island. Some of the shots are not that good, but I wanted to include as much variety as possible. The migration has not started yet, but these are the local birds & critters that live out there all year long.

Purple Swamphen in the shade.

A night heron. That was the best shot he would give me :/

A Cormorant with a few people waking right next to it.

This Cormorant let me get within 4-5 feet of it. I tried to focus on its beautiful eye.

A green heron, just chilin out.

A portrait of another green heron

A glossy Ibis walking around.

Florida mottled duck, female.

Anhinga portrait.

A gator cruising across the pond.

A BIG gator under the boardwalk.

A huge crop of a raccoon far off in the shade.

A Grebe making a lot of noise, a long distance away.

Any comments and/or critique is always welcome, thanks!

-- hide signature --

Life is short, so make the best of it while you can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/
https://grob.smugmug.com/Wildlife-Pictures/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow