Advice : Which Pro Camera for Photo & Video (Confused with Camera Market)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
izapp
izapp New Member • Posts: 4
Advice : Which Pro Camera for Photo & Video (Confused with Camera Market)

Hello all,

I am a freelance Photographer & Filmmaker based in Greece.

The past year I have been desperately looking for a Pro camera body replacement.

As I have been keeping track of the camera rumors and announcements the past

year I have been completely confused.

Currently, I use my outdated Canon 5D Mark II for photo and Ursa Mini for video.

My goal here is to replace both cameras with one single body that can do both.

The budget is around 3000-5000 EUR (incl. accessories)

I do not really care so much about megapixels but mostly about colour science, image performance and video capabilities & features. Commercially, I work for real estate. Personally, I work in nature and landscapes.

I am a Canon guy with lots of Canon lenses but I do not mind going for another camera system that can adapt to my EF lens. I have previously used Sony cameras before, and the Sony colour science isn't something that would be of interest. I know Sony is extremely capable but it is not for me. I might change my mind when the A7sIII will be announced.

My main concern is about the Panasonic S1H. It seems that the video capabilities of this camera is exactly what I need from a camera system, but little is known on its photo capabilities. I know the S1 & S1R is a great solution for photography, but it is not enough for me for video. How does S1H compare with S1 & S1R when it comes to Photography capabilities?

I feel that the camera market is trying to make a statement, but in the process they are confusing us on what to buy.

What are your concerns about this matter?

What camera do you think I should buy?

I know you can't really ask everything in a single camera but I think that I can get a better Photo camera from my 5DmkII & better video from Ursa Mini in a single package.

Also, rumors say that Canon will release a Pro oriented high megapixel EOS R, but Canon has a bad history for video features, especially when they crop the sensor size for 4k.

I would gladly appreciate your input on this matter.

Regards,

Loukianos

P.S. I know, the perfect solution is to buy 2 different cameras. One for photo & one for video. Currently, my budget does not allow that.

izapp's gear list:izapp's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6500 Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Zeiss Milvus 50mm F1.4 +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II FinePix S1 Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow