Wanting a simpler shooting experience: XT1 with legacy glass vs x100s

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mtbcarl New Member • Posts: 2
Wanting a simpler shooting experience: XT1 with legacy glass vs x100s

Hey all, first time post. As the title states, I am wanting a simpler, more "film SLR like" shooting experience. Ill shoot a roll of film occasionally on an old Minolta SRT101 and it is divine! However, film and developing gets expensive, not something I can afford to do day and and day out. So, Im looking at the XT1 or x100s.

TL;DR: Any input from folks who've used both? Im really interested in your thoughts about manual focusing with the viewfinders, as well as the overall simple shooting experience.

I just sold my Panasonic LX100 because, although it was an incredible camera, I just was not getting any joy out of it. Too many options, settings, etc.

I am a minimalist by nature, and really thrive creatively when faced with the limitations of simple, minimal equipment. I just want a camera and a prime lens, aperture dial, shutter speed dial, and iso or EV dial. Just like an old film camera.

I like the x100s for its simplicity, fixed lens, and dials. The lens's close focusing ability is a plus too.

I like the XT1 for its reported big awesome EVF, something which would be importaint for me if I use manual legacy lenses. I hated the tiny little evf on my LX100. If I went with an XT1, I'd pair it with an old Rokkor 24mm, 35mm or 56mm.

Any input from folks who've used both? Im really interested in your thoughts about manual focusing with viewfinders, as well as the overall simple shooting experience. I mostly take landscape and outdoor lifestyle snaps, for my own enyoyment. Examples seen on my insta: @recreation_achieved

Thanks!

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1 Leica X1 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KFo
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow